Thursday, October 06, 2005

Are we having fun yet?

Here we are, on our big adventure, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm a little bored. Dan's classes don't start for another two weeks and the things I've found to do (more later) don't get going until next week. It's a "hurry up and wait" situation, and we are getting stircrazy. Thank goodness for the Discovery Channel - Mythbusters is on every night at 7 and 9. We're also hanging out in downtown Kragujevac, walking circles around the city and drinking cup after cup of Turkish coffee, but there isn't a ton to see or do.

We're slowly turning into slugs. In an effort to stave of the incredible lethargy that is overtaking us, we've decided to hit the road for the weekend, heading north. Our destination is a city called Novi Sad, and is generally considered the "Athens of Serbia." We're looking forward to some architecture, culture, and fancy restaurants. I'll report back next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meaghan!

Just read your blog to date and I dig it! You may be going "stir crazy," but I consider any visit to a foreign country an adventure. It reminds me of my short trip to Prague some years ago, minus the intensive security concerns. Good luck and hang in there. I'm sure you'll be having fun in no time.