Monday, January 30, 2006

Bathing Beauties in Budapest

I had a great time exploring Budapest while Dan was in meetings. We were there for the regional ELF conference, and I was the only spouse, so I had all sorts of time for myself. I walked all over the city and poked into different shops, enjoying the sights and sounds of a new place.

My favorite thing from this trip was going to the Szechenyi thermal baths located in the city park. Beautiful 19th century buildings surrounding us, warm thermal pools in the crisp winter air - the best. One downside: the mad dash back into the main building when we were dripping wet in sub-zero (Celcius) weather. Eeeeeeegah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a big human stew pot to me. What is the cooking temp in there? How bout those two guys playing chess?

Meaghan said...

The warmest of the three pools was 100.4 F. (Don't knock it until you've tried it - it's totally relaxing. There's a similar place in Glenwood Springs, CO.) And we were there at night, so there were no old guys but there were a lot of couples smooching.